Dementia NI is looking for individuals who are passionate about ensuring people with dementia have their voices heard on all matters that affect them. We are currently recruiting of a Chair, Treasurer and Member.
Dementia NI is a local Northern Ireland based charity specifically for people living with dementia. Founded in January 2015 by five people with dementia who wanted to ensure the voice of people living with dementia is at the core of policy, practice and service delivery. Members use their experiences and opinions to make improvements to services and support provided to them, to better meet their individual needs and challenge the stigma surrounding dementia.
The charity has established Dementia Empowerment & Support Groups throughout Northern Ireland which provide a place for members, who all have a diagnosis of dementia to come together, reflect, share experiences, provide peer support and consult with other organisations and professionals.
The core aims of the organisation is to support people living with dementia to challenge the stigma of having a diagnosis by raising awareness about dementia, promoting their right to be involved in decisions that affect their lives, provide training, education and awareness to the public on how best to support people living with dementia and to support them to do this in their own right.
Skills we are seeking
- Finance, specifically charity accounting
- Management, leadership & business
- Rights based approach to campaigning and policy work.
- Networks, Alliances & partnerships, particularly from the corporate/business sector to support with Income Generation
- Legal (charity, company, employment, H & S)
The closing date for applications is 12 noon on Friday 26th March 2021.
- Download the Dementia NI Board Recruitment Information Pack
- Download the Dementia NI Board Recruitment Application Form
- Download the Charity Trustee Declaration
- Download the Dementia NI Strategy